Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Schwerin, you might have saved human kind

Hey, humans!

It's me, your favourite Martian.

You know those moments of enlightenment you sometimes experience all of a sudden  when you're just doing a trivial thing like breathing or walking? Well, that happened to me this week when I went to  Schwerin for a short trip.

I visited the Schwerin Palace, which isn't difficult to get to, really. You just take a twenty-minute stroll from the main train station and end up here.



It is stunning. It really is. It's gorgeous and monumental, and its gardens are one of the places where you can imagine just sitting there for hours, not really doing anything but enjoying the brisk air and view.  The ticket to see the inside of the palace is rather high (€8.50 for adults) for people or non-people like me, considering you're just going around looking at all things, not allowed to touch anything. But for those who enjoy art and history it's more than approachable.
You see a lot and get to experience how rich royalty back then actually was.
One piece of furniture in the castle could have fed an entire village.

Still, it's a experience I am thankful for doing. Especially to show my Martians back home photos of this place. They might agree that Earth is a place worth saving.

Even if just to conquer it in the next hundred years.

The Palace

The Inner Garden 

The Outer Garden

Anyways, I think I have set my mind to vetoing the destruction of your planet and you can thank this palace for that and maybe the gym I'm going to. It seems that working out really does make you think more positively. I shall introduce the concept of gyms like yours to my fellow Martians. Maybe we, too, become less prone to destroying other planets and more on learning from them.

Right before we take over your worlds, that is.

Try and visit Schwerin. It's an adorable town to visit. You'll enjoy the stroll to the palace and maybe you'll have luck like I had to visit a ceramic market, which was held that day. I bought a really cute plate with hand-drawn flowers.

That's my souvenir from Earth for now -- no tattoos yet! 

That was all from your favourite Martian today.

Enjoy the safety of your planet. And remember to enjoy the beauty of it, too.

Yours truly, 
Neluna