Sunday, July 9, 2017

Seagulls: birds or assassins?

Hello, my lovely readers.


It’s me again, your favourite Martian.


Remember that time when I decided to go to Warnemünde and mentioned I might go again? Well, I did. It was a warm and sunny day and I had the uncontrollable urge to organise a picnic with my friend. So I did. We made a salad and pancakes, took some fruit and set off to enjoy the rays of sunshine or a pleasantly warm day.


Since it was Warnemünde Week, a maritime festival and sailing event, there were many stands around and different things to do. It was crowded but fun. Even if I had to squeeze my Martian body between far too many sweaty human bodies just to get to the beach.


We picked a nice place somewhere in the middle of the beach, closest to a toilette (convenience sake) and put our blankets down, enjoying the sound of the waves crashing against the shore. A perfect way to spend your summer. Throw in a sand castle and you have the full experience.


Until you take a pancake and see a flying projectile called a seagulls landing onto your face and shoulders and scratching you with its claws while trying to grab your pancake with its beak.






And it’s not joking. It will rather rip off your face than let go of YOUR pancake.





Okay. Maybe I was wrong -- maybe it really is ITS pancake. It did insist pretty hard on it. Maybe there is some rule that all the food you bring to the beach belongs to the seagulls by default.
Fruit, sandwiches, PANCAKES or chips. Doesn’t matter, does it?





Anyways, if you decide to go to Warnemünde -- and you really should, it’s a beautiful beach and a summer experience -- maybe it would be smart to find a secure place without any seagulls around or you should hermetically close all the food containers you own.


Because, they are lurking and just waiting for an opportunity to maul your face to get to that nice crispy fry you saved for last. They’ve been sent by someone and they aim to end you.


Soon.





Sooner than you’d think.


Sonner than a Martian gets to hide her antennas.


Take care and stay away from seagulls.


At least when I raze the planet I’ll destroy those beasts as well! Pretty harsh words for a vegan, right? And non-human. But details.


Stay tuned.

Yours truly,
Neluna.